-
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Greetings and welcome to The Football Net. We love talking balls, do you?

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Therefore you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, take part in the banter, vote in polls and enjoy fun competitions such as fantasy football and the betting exchange. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join us today on our football forums to talk balls with us!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Rumourmill
Topic Started: Dec 18 2007, 11:26 AM (614,466 Views)
Jimmymac™
Member Avatar
Inspirational
Some interesting stories through the papers today on the upcoming transfer window

Quote:

Rafa has said that after talks with the owners he's confident the Mascherano deal will be tied up :D

Valencia are said to be chasing Riise

Flamini has stalled on new contract talks and rumours of him moving....

Made up if the masch deal does go through, if thats all we ended up doing in the jan window i'd be a happy man.

Flak is it worth pinning a thread of some sort on the transfer window to keep it all in one place rather than having countless threads appearing over the coming weeks?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talkingsense®
Member Avatar
football fundamentalist
Sensible idea Jimmy, I have the power to do that!
Posted Image

Jimmymac™
Member Avatar
Inspirational
oh aye, cheers :)

Heres another interesting one being banded about today too.

United are about announce record profits apparantly and rumour has it their prime target is Phillip Lahm! Now this really intruiged me, I personally think Lahm is an amazing player, fastest left back i've seen in a long time and would be a hell of an addition to the squad, but if its true I cant imagine Evra warming the bench in his place.

talkingsense®
Member Avatar
football fundamentalist
I heard Adebayor to Utd,
Fibreglass to Chelsea and
Hleb to Liverpool :P
Posted Image

Jimmymac™
Member Avatar
Inspirational
ahhh dont you just love the transfer window :lol:

Jeffers
Member Avatar
Ginger Prince
Jimmymac
Dec 18 2007, 10:47 AM

United are about announce record profits apparantly and rumour has it their prime target is Phillip Lahm! Now this really intruiged me, I personally think Lahm is an amazing player, fastest left back i've seen in a long time and would be a hell of an addition to the squad, but if its true I cant imagine Evra warming the bench in his place.

lahm is right footed and can play either side so would be a great addition to the squad. i assume hed be used as a right back
"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." - Cantona

talkingsense®
Member Avatar
football fundamentalist
Jimmymac

That would be a huge surprise. Lahm is highly rated, Evra wouldn't be happy warming the bench after all he's done to cement his place. I agree we could do with good left back cover, but you don't tend to think of either as 'cover'. Unless SAF thinks Evra could also play left wing, but that makes it more difficult for Nani and Park.

I know I rabbit on about this but you simply can't overload a squad with too many superstars before the wheels start coming off (due to the affect on morale of those not getting a game or even a place on the bench). Getting the mix right between competition for places, nurturing future talent and cover for injuries is one of the most difficult challenges managers face.
Posted Image

Jimmymac™
Member Avatar
Inspirational
i cant imagine you'd ever want to buy lahm to play him at right back, not when he's one of the top left backs around. He can play there of course but not to the effectiveness he plays at left back.

Stange on to be reported this one, didnt strike me as an area that Fergie would be too worried about....

talkingsense®
Member Avatar
football fundamentalist
jeffers
Dec 18 2007, 10:54 AM

lahm is right footed and can play either side so would be a great addition to the squad. i assume hed be used as a right back

Just checked you're right, he plays on the left due to a shortage of left footed wing backs in Bundesliga. In that case sounds an excellent choice. Brown appears to be leaving (agent encouraging sh!t or bust negotiating) and unfortunately Neville can't seem to stop getting niggling injuries (he's getting a career full in one year)
Posted Image

Ricky
Member Avatar
Ambition
United spent circa the 50mil mark in the summer, do fans honestly expect the owners to cough up another 15-20 mil??

Imo Man Utd have probably the strongest squad in Europe, they qualified top of the champ lge group (important) and are 1 point behind Arsenal in the Prem, there is no injury crisis or anything like that which may warrant dipping into the transfer market, granted Gary Neville has been out, but has hardly being missed and will be back in action.

They have players (at least 2) in every position

flak
Member Avatar
It's nearly Christmas
RickyKaka22
Dec 18 2007, 11:00 AM
United spent circa the 50mil mark in the summer, do fans honestly expect the owners to cough up another 15-20 mil??

I keep saying that the only player United will sign is Tevez on a permanent deal. <_<

Lahm is a nice dream for right back (wouldn't want Evra to leave or be backup) but I don't see him ever leaving Bayern tbh.

Defoe might be leaving Spurs after Ramos refused to guarantee him a starting place. He would be a good signing for quite a few teams but i'd like to see him go to Aston Villa to link-up with the other good English players that they have there; Barry, Reo-Smoker, Young and Agbonlahor.
Posted Image Posted Image

itsgunnabe11
ya best protect ya neck
talkingsense
Dec 18 2007, 10:54 AM
Jimmymac

That would be a huge surprise. Lahm is highly rated, Evra wouldn't be happy warming the bench after all he's done to cement his place. I agree we could do with good left back cover, but you don't tend to think of either as 'cover'. Unless SAF thinks Evra could also play left wing, but that makes it more difficult for Nani and Park.

I know I rabbit on about this but you simply can't overload a squad with too many superstars before the wheels start coming off (due to the affect on morale of those not getting a game or even a place on the bench). Getting the mix right between competition for places, nurturing future talent and cover for injuries is one of the most difficult challenges managers face.

Depend on the persons, they can be top player but have a good attitude. SAF dont buy players for the bench he expects them to get in first 11

Agree with Flak, Tevez on permanent.

Defoe wont go Villa he want a top 4 team

flak
Member Avatar
It's nearly Christmas
itsgunnabe10
Dec 18 2007, 12:44 PM
Defoe wont go Villa he want a top 4 team

He will be waiting a long time! :lol:
Posted Image Posted Image

HOMER
Member Avatar
Cooldude
Lawrie Sanchez is considering offering a trial to South Korea international full-back Song Chong-gug
YESSSSSSSSSSS WELL DONE WEST HAM GET IN THERE

The welsh wizard
Grade A Leprechaun
Jimmymac

fergie want him as neville long term successor according to this article. also fergie want man united to break the bank for benzema after man utd scouts watched him play and there is 21m euro offer reports

6 users reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Transfer Window · Next Topic »
Add Reply

-- -