| Greetings and welcome to The Football Net. We love talking balls, do you? You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Therefore you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, take part in the banter, vote in polls and enjoy fun competitions such as fantasy football and the betting exchange. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join us today on our football forums to talk balls with us! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| Mclaren Appeal Granted | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Sep 12 2008, 02:32 PM (558 Views) | |
| Deleted User | Sep 12 2008, 02:32 PM Post #1 |
|
Deleted User
|
McLaren's appeal against the 25-second penalty that cost Lewis Hamilton victory in last week's Belgian Grand Prix will be heard on September 22. The governing body's International Court of Appeal will meet in Paris on the Monday before the Singapore Grand Prix for the hearing, with a decision expected to be announced the following day. Hamilton was alleged to have gained an advantage by going off track and into a safety area when attempting to pass defending champion Kimi Raikkonen, who defended his position at the Bus Stop chicane. Hamilton rejoined in the lead but immediately handed back the advantage to Raikkonen who struggled under pressure and then crashed off the track and out of the race. McLaren said they were told twice by the 'race control' officials that Hamilton's move was "okay", but the driver was subsequently demoted to third place and now leads the drivers' championship by just two points |
|
|
| ZappasMoustache | Sep 12 2008, 03:33 PM Post #2 |
|
Unwashed Pimple
|
Be interesting to see what this independent body decides. |
![]() [size=7]If we can`t be free, we can at least be cheap[/size] | |
|
|
| Jimmymac™ | Sep 12 2008, 07:16 PM Post #3 |
|
Inspirational
|
not an independant body though is it, it's still the FIA....... |
|
|
| Deleted User | Sep 23 2008, 01:05 PM Post #4 |
|
Deleted User
|
We should find out the decision today... |
|
|
| Deleted User | Sep 23 2008, 03:41 PM Post #5 |
|
Deleted User
|
it got rejected cant overtake in a race, what a load of bull... no wonders F1 is rubbish |
|
|
| Woody | Sep 23 2008, 04:54 PM Post #6 |
|
Grade A Leprechaun
|
it failed because you cannot appeal a drive through penalty |
|
|
| Schumi | Sep 23 2008, 05:29 PM Post #7 |
![]()
Dasterdly Chipmunk
|
It failed because LH is driving a Mclaren :ph43r: Championships should be won on the track not in boardroom. <_< |
![]() | |
|
|
| RetardedDwarf | Sep 23 2008, 10:52 PM Post #8 |
![]()
Hamster Molester
|
Only because drive through penaltys r meant to happen through the race. Be like appealing a penalty after football match is over...............but what they did is the same as United drawing 1-1 with Liverpool and then be given a penalty 30 mins after game ended. It stunk then, still stinks now. If the team concerned had been Ferrari they would at worst have gotten a fine but prob not even that. To my mind, the near coming together of 2 cars in the pit as happened 2 races ago was prob worse than what LH did, and Ferrari get a 10k euro fine. Says it all methinks |
| |
|
|
| Woody | Sep 24 2008, 07:48 AM Post #9 |
|
Grade A Leprechaun
|
because that pit lane incident was not massa fault so he shouldnt be punished and rightly wasnt |
|
|
| talkingsense® | Sep 24 2008, 09:30 AM Post #10 |
|
football fundamentalist
|
Outcome is a joke! they heard the appeal and then decided that it was all inadmissable anyway. Wasted everybody's time. Whole thing was an elaborate way of covering up the fact that the decision was wrong in the first place. They shouldn't have allowed the points deduction on the day, it showed them up because the stewards are not professional, inexperienced andone couldn't even speak English! yet between them they rule that he should have had a drive through penalty. McClaren asked the official race control steward at the time if they had done anything wrong and he confirmed, twice, that they hadn't. Nikki Lauda, ex Ferrari World Champ and current Ferrari consultant said the decision was the worst ever in the history of motor sport! Truth is the system was demonstrated to be forked up and upholding any appeal was tantamount to accepting this as the case. (and I guess laying themselves open for more post race appeals) So they'll quietly change the system for next season, and just fudge over this. They have to hope now that it doesn't impact on this year's result. Because the FIA has bottled this in the same way the FA did with WHU and Tevez. McClaren probably won't have any reasonable body to appeal to, but if they don't have the World Champion because of this the sport will be thrown into further disrepute. |
|
| |
|
|
| 1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous) | |
| « Previous Topic · Formula 1 · Next Topic » |








1:23 AM Jul 11