-
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Greetings and welcome to The Football Net. We love talking balls, do you?


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Therefore you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, take part in the banter, vote in polls and enjoy fun competitions such as fantasy football and the betting exchange. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join us today on our football forums to talk balls with us!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spurs want Keane back
Topic Started: Dec 7 2008, 01:38 AM (247 Views)
Monty
Member Avatar
I'm a naughty boy
Quote:
 
Tottenham Hotpsur are set to bid to take Robbie Keane back to White Hart Lane in January, reports The News of the World, and an offer that anything like approaches the £20 million that Liverpool paid for the Irish striker's services could see the player heading back to North London.

Keane, a Liverpool fan as a boy, has struggled to make an impact at Anfield, where the Reds' way of playing does not seem to suit his all-action style.

The player's days on Merseyside are rumoured to be numbered anyway, as he remained sitting on the bench throughout Liverpool's 3-2 victory over Blackburn Rovers on Saturday afternoon. Now Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is looking to test Rafa Benitez's resolve in hanging onto the player.

Benitez could well be tempted by the deal as a means of recouping some of the mony squandered in his summer transfer dealings. Out of all the players signed, only Albert Riera has looked anything like at home at Anfield.

Left-back Andrea Dossena, signed £7m from Udinese, is set be offloaded back to Italy at the first opportunity, whilst right-back Phillip Degen, who was given a £2m signing on fee and £38,000-a-week salary when he joined from Borussia Dortmund, has barely featured for the Reds after suffering a succession of injuries.

Benitez is rumoured to want to bring Emile Heskey in, as well as some competition in the full-back positions. Keane's departure may well ease this, though there are likely to be complex financial implications if the Irishman were to move.

Keane has played 90 minutes for Liverpool only three times so far this season and has been subsituted 15 times. He has scored four goals.


Any chance Harry will look to bring him back? Or even Liverpool letting him go? Heskey to replace him apparently....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
BALLBAG
Member Avatar
MOVE !!...Im Head Boy !!
Its too early to get rid of Keane he needs a full season anyway its an insult to listen to this Heskey story the guy is rubish
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Monty
Member Avatar
I'm a naughty boy
Maybe he doesn't fancy Keane? Was strange he didn't bring him on today and brought on El zhar. Don't think he has played a full 90mins either??

Wigan would want alot for heskey too. Can't see Benitez spending that amount on him.
Edited by Monty, Dec 7 2008, 01:47 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
EL.I.AM LEGEND
Member Avatar
------------------------
Heskey is out of contract in summer isnt he, so Wigan cant ask too much
You'll Never Win Anything
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kenny_lfc
Member Avatar
Sausage Warrior
he cant go back to Spurs within 6 months of signing for us can he anyway?

if so, typical of Chris Bascombe (i presume) and NOTW.

NOTW = s*n = enough said.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny_lfc
Dec 7 2008, 02:15 PM
...NOTW = s*n = enough said.
and the times, and Sky, and 20th century fox, and national geographic channel, and MySpace etc etc etc :p
Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kenny_lfc
Member Avatar
Sausage Warrior
Kelvin Mackenzie, not Rupert Murdoch...
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Deleted User
Deleted User

but Mackenzie doesn't write for the NOTW
Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kenny_lfc
Member Avatar
Sausage Warrior
no but the NOTW is a sister paper of the s*n
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Deleted User
Deleted User

and? so is the times, do they fall under your wrath as well? all above owned by news international so they're all 'sister' companies

been over this a million times, shall we agree to disagree :)
Quote Post Goto Top
 
Monty
Member Avatar
I'm a naughty boy
I think he can Kenny because he didn;t play for Spurs this season.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Monty
Member Avatar
I'm a naughty boy
Apparently, manager Harry Redknapp is a bag fan of the forward and could offer Liverpool £5 million as well as midfield duo Jamie O'Hara and Aaron Lennon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheReturnOfTheKing
Definitely NOT a Terrorist
lol those 2 players are a load of s**t

he should ask for 8m plus bale

then we can also sell dossena for about 3-4m and use the money to buy another striker
no
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Deleted User
Deleted User

Bag fan. :lol:

That would be a bad deal imo Lennon isn't good enough for Liverpool I haven't seen enough of O'hara to say.
Quote Post Goto Top
 
Deleted User
Deleted User

Plus Bale? :blink: That would be a terrible deal for Spurs.
Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Barclays Premier League · Next Topic »
Add Reply

-- -