-
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Greetings and welcome to The Football Net. We love talking balls, do you?

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Therefore you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, take part in the banter, vote in polls and enjoy fun competitions such as fantasy football and the betting exchange. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join us today on our football forums to talk balls with us!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
More Trouble from the Middle east
Topic Started: May 31 2010, 01:34 PM (5,150 Views)
Kingkev
Member Avatar
Just call me Smeg
Israeli commandos have stormed an international aid convoy bound for Gaza leaving up to 19 dead and sparking mass protests across the world.
To view this content you need Flash and Javascript enabled in your browser.

Please download Flash from the Adobe download website.
Britain joined other countries in denouncing the attack as "deplorable" with Palestinian leaders describing the bloodshed as a "massacre".

The deadly dawn raid on a Turkish ship sparked a mass protest in Istanbul with 10,000 people marching through the street, burning Israeli flags.

Commandos, dressed in black and armed with rifles, dropped down ropes from helicopters onto the Mavi Marmara boat, heading a flotilla of six.

Israeli officials said the soldiers opened fire after activists attacked them with iron bars, axes and knives.

The pictures make the operation look cack-handed from the start. Commandos rappel down ropes straight into a crowd of activists wielding bars. They appear overwhelmed at first and in insufficient numbers, unable to seize control.

Sky's Middle East correspondent Dominic Waghorn
They added that activists had tried to "lynch" one of the commandos and blamed the violence on passengers.

But a reporter on the boat - en route from Cyprus - said the commandos had begun firing before landing on the vessel.

And an Al-Jazeera correspondent said the Israeli soldiers continued shooting even though a white flag of surrender had been raised.

Twenty eight Britons and a number of Greeks, Swedish and Irish were aboard the flotilla which was 80 miles off Gaza.

Demonstrators in Istanbul set fire to Israeli flags after the bloodshed

Foreign Secretary William Hague said: "‪‪I deplore the loss of life during the interception of the Gaza flotilla.

"We are asking for more information and urgent access to any UK nationals involved.‪"

There were unconfirmed reports that senior Arab Israeli Islamist leader Raed Salah had been badly hurt in the clashes.

The raid was widely condemned by the international community, with France, Sweden, Greece, Ireland, Germany, Denmark, Italy and Turkey among countries denouncing Israel
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dutchmcfc
Member Avatar
disoriented scholar, covered in chocolate
forking Helll, how much goodwill want Israel to lose (they've lost most of mine quite a long time ago)

they attacked the ships in international waters and then after they attack they claim they were attacked first, Forking hell it's a joke... you mean when gunwielding soldiers attack you in international waters you are not allowed to defend yourselves... heard there were 19 deaths already
Posted Image

WORKERS OF THE FORUM UNITE

"We did not cross the border, The border crossed us!"

The path is nameless- Lao Tse

Kingkev
Member Avatar
Just call me Smeg
Its disgusting tbh the irish goverment should kick the isreal ambassdor out as some of the aid workers on the AID ship that was attacked were irish

The ship was scanned along with the crew before it left the port there were NO weapons
Posted Image

The Derry Pele
Member Avatar
Free Suarez
To quote Tommy Tiernan no matter where in the world theres some sort of war theres bound to be some irish involved.

More to the point the existance of the isreali state is just wrong, its nothing but a puppet state to help keep western interests kept in the middle east, nothing more.

And the fact the a "country"(although they dont deserve this title imo) was suppost to be a holy land for the jews after years of persecution all they have done in the last 60 years is invade neighbouring contries and inflict the same acts that they had been subjected to in the past.

Call me bad but i honostly no longer care if i hear about Isrealis being attacked in the gaza strip because they bring it on themselves
F**k Damien Duff
Posted Image

Kingkev
Member Avatar
Just call me Smeg
tbh il take a ban for this but fork them
the jews were slaughterd in the holacaust i mean slaguhterd but look at them now
there doing the excact same in the Gaza strip the Gaza strip is a modren day holacaust and something shoud be forking done about it
Isreal is the one country i would accpet it America were to acctually invade
Posted Image

treble
Member Avatar
The Chosen Juan
It's apartheid by any other name.

I don't see why Israel should get any special treatment and imo they are nothing less than fascists. There is a calculated systematic eradication of a whole race of people going on in Palestine. This ship was carrying cement and building material. Why put a ban on that? It can only be to stop progress and create a ghetto. Most of Israel's military actiions result in a dispoportionate amount of children being killed. Their blockade on Gaza stops baby incubators, a lot of medicine for children, and school books, paper and writing materials. If you want to kill a race, destroy it's next generation and in case you can't manage that deny them education so they remain ignorant and unable to progress.

BTW Eco, avoid this turning into an attack on any faith. That is an unfair generalisation of all jews and they have a diverse opinion on the situation as anyone else. I have many middle east jewish friends who hold a different point of view to Israel. It's political religion that I have a problem with and the way I see Israel and ppl like Benjamin Netanyahou is as much an extremist as Osama Bin Laden, they just wears a suit and speak the right language.
Posted Image

The Derry Pele
Member Avatar
Free Suarez
ecowarrior101
May 31 2010, 04:17 PM
Isreal is the one country i would accpet it America were to acctually invade
Never going to happen, Irsreal is pretty much a puppet state to keep the need of countires like america in tact in the middle east.

Keep in mind a good portion of the rich and powerful in America are Jews so are they going to stand by while Isreal is invaded.

The Isrealis are as bad as the nazis fact, target innocent woman and children yet get away with it, things need to change
F**k Damien Duff
Posted Image

The Derry Pele
Member Avatar
Free Suarez
SOme facts i found, not sure how true they are

The real Israel
• Israel is the only country on Earth that deliberately targets civilian infastracture and justifies it.

• Israel stands unique in using human shields in military operations.

• Amongst all the countries on earth, Israel is the only country that has legalised torture, that 90% of all detainees experiance.

• Israel is the only country that publicly jails activists and peacefull politicians without trial, thus allowing the people no other option than violence.

• According to the Guinness book of records, Israel holds the record in the number of days of curfew she instilled on the Palestinians.

• Israel is exceptional in being the only country on whose checkpoints patients die due to denied access to hospitals. They also openley shoot at Palestinian ambulances

• Israel is one of two countries, that against international law, use cluster bombs and depleated uranium bombs

• Israel, despite being a rich country, recieves the highest financal aid, more than the sum of ALL aid to sub saharan africa.

• Israel is the only country in the Middle East with nuclear weapons (ATM), but the only country that refuses to sign the nuclear non prolifecleration treaty second to South Africa is Israel.

• Israel is the only current country to establish an aparthied regime.

• Israel is the only country on Earth that has a political party that publicly advocates ethnic cleansing of the native citizens.

• Israel is the only country that still has racist laws that discrimate against its native citizens.

• Israel was established upon the ruins of a nation she destroyed.PALESTINE.

• Israel claims its enemies want to wipe it off the map,but infact she has wiped a whole country off the map.PALESTINE.

• Israel has ethnically cleansed over 500 Palestinian Villages

• Israel holds the world record in the number of refugees she deported with over 4 million, who are not allowed to return home

• Israel is the country with the highest record of UN comdamnations with over 500, yet still recieves aid from the US and UK

• Israel is the country with the highest number of protective US security vetoes with over 100

• Israel has killed more innocent Civilians per capita than any other country

• Israel has imprisioned more civilians per capita than any other country.

• Israel has rendered more innocent civilians handicapped per capita than any other country. They also ran over two wheelchair bound men waving white flags in a tank.

• Israel is the only country on earth that denies Right of return of refugees.

...Yet Palestinians are the ones branded terrorists
F**k Damien Duff
Posted Image

Kingkev
Member Avatar
Just call me Smeg
Book of condolonces has been opened in cork for the irish on the ship yday
and also a new shipload of aid going to isreal with 5 irish onboard hope they get through safely

and also Brain cowen has said if any harm comes to a Irish Citzen serious consucences will happen
Posted Image

treble
Member Avatar
The Chosen Juan
ecowarrior101
Jun 1 2010, 11:06 PM
I didn't bother following up on this story cos I knew it would just fork me off even more. I didn't even know there were Irish ppl on board, were they killed? :o
Posted Image

Kingkev
Member Avatar
Just call me Smeg
treble
Jun 1 2010, 11:09 PM
ecowarrior101
Jun 1 2010, 11:06 PM
I didn't bother following up on this story cos I knew it would just fork me off even more. I didn't even know there were Irish ppl on board, were they killed? :o
I'm not sure tbh
but is a aid ship on route with 5 irish onboard
there is also two irish aid workers being help in prisions in Isreal according to Tv3
Posted Image

The Derry Pele
Member Avatar
Free Suarez
Im sorry but theres something about brian cowan sayin there will be serious consequences that makes me think all he will do is write on his facebook irsreal is gay or something.

Although i can see him saying to people dont make me mad, you wont like me when im mad
F**k Damien Duff
Posted Image

Kingkev
Member Avatar
Just call me Smeg
Mascherano20
Jun 1 2010, 11:13 PM
Im sorry but theres something about brian cowan sayin there will be serious consequences that makes me think all he will do is write on his facebook irsreal is gay or something.

Although i can see him saying to people dont make me mad, you wont like me when im mad
I know i literrally broke my shite out laughing when i seen him say it like
were a netural country with a pea sized army :lol: what will he do write a angry letter
Posted Image

treble
Member Avatar
The Chosen Juan
unbelievable, un-forkin-believable.

I hope none were killed, and I think the ones in prison will be released soon enough Eco, it's probly creating a diplomatic stink between the white folk.
Posted Image

Kingkev
Member Avatar
Just call me Smeg
Apparenty there are over a 30 Aid workers being held in various parts of Isreal

oh and did anyone hear what weapons the Aid workers had cause i heard what the ambassador said last night?
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mass Debate Parlour · Next Topic »
Add Reply

-- -