-
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Greetings and welcome to The Football Net. We love talking balls, do you?

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Therefore you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, take part in the banter, vote in polls and enjoy fun competitions such as fantasy football and the betting exchange. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join us today on our football forums to talk balls with us!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
La Liga General Chat
Topic Started: Sep 22 2010, 05:18 PM (107,111 Views)
IRL
Member Avatar
BANNED
Spanish press: Mascherano struggling to adapt

Barcelona midfielder Javier Mascherano is struggling to adapt to life in La Liga following his £18 million move from Liverpool in the summer.

The former Anfield enforcer pressed hard to engineer his move to the Nou Camp last month but according to various reports in Spain, the Argentine is yet to impress his new employers and the general consensus is that Sergio Busquets should be favoured over the 26-year-old.

The tough tackling former Premier League star made an inauspicious start for Barcelona, making his debut during the club’s first home league defeat in 16-months against newly promoted Hercules. The midfielder was substituted at half-time due to a tactical change by Guardiola, but El Mundo Deportivo suggest the club are concerned by Mascherano’s struggles.

Guardiola and his management team are confident the player will eventually find his feet in La Liga but Mascherano has laboured since his arrival, and Barcelona have subsequently accepted the midfielder will take time to adjust.

boo bloody hoooo !!!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SuarezWasNotRacist
Member Avatar
monty's bitch
fork barca. goblins.
Man Utd's 2017/18 club sponsors:
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Santi
Member Avatar
CATHORLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
winkers.
Posted Image

Monty
Member Avatar
I'm a naughty boy
Two brilliant posts lads. Keep up the good work.

Dotty
Member Avatar
Stuck up bastard
He's gone from being first name on the team sheet every week at Liverpool to being a squad player so give him a few weeks and see how he copes then.

TheReturnOfTheKing
Definitely NOT a Terrorist
I despise barce, tapping up b-stards, as for much, he deserves this

the english league brings the best out of him, a high tempo so he can get stuck in, close down really quickly and win the ball back.
no

Dotty
Member Avatar
Stuck up bastard
Good point.

He's also at his best when the oppo have the ball, playing for Barca that's a rarity :lol: I read they average over 65% possesion a game, anyone know for sure?

TheReturnOfTheKing
Definitely NOT a Terrorist
Dotty
Sep 22 2010, 06:35 PM
Good point.

He's also at his best when the oppo have the ball, playing for Barca that's a rarity :lol: I read they average over 65% possesion a game, anyone know for sure?
i remember reading that as well, maybe in italy he could hack it but at barce he has no chance
no

IRL
Member Avatar
BANNED
on the bench again tonight
Posted Image

Kingkev
Member Avatar
Just call me Smeg
fork YOU MASCH fork YOU

I'm not bitter btw.
Posted Image

IRL
Member Avatar
BANNED

Mon, 27 Sep 12:23:00 2010

Lionel Messi has been named in Barcelona's 19-man squad for the trip to play Rubin Kazan in the Champions League.
The Argentina forward has not been given the go-ahead to return to action by medical staff yet, but trained with the team on Monday and will fly to Russia.

The world player of the year has missed Barca's last two league games after suffering ankle ligament damage away to Atletico Madrid a week ago.

French defender Eric Abidal also returned to the squad after a few days off to attend to a personal matter but full-back Adriano Correia missed out with a thigh strain.
Posted Image

IRL
Member Avatar
BANNED
Barcelona are monitoring the fitness of Spain duo Xavi and David Villa ahead of the visit of leaders Valencia on Saturday.

Xavi missed Spain's recent Euro 2012 qualifiers to recover from sore tendons and has been advised against playing on Saturday, while Villa returned from Scotland with a knee strain which was not as serious as first feared.

"They are two important players for us and I am pleased to see they are better," Barca captain Carles Puyol said. "I hope they will be able to play."

Valencia travel without injured winger Joaquin and defender Miguel but hope to make the most of Barca's poor recent home form in the league.
Posted Image

cesc11
Member Avatar
Taylor Gang
No one wants to discuss or chat about this crime of a football club
WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS - CHAMPIONS OF ASIA 2014!!
Posted Image

IRL
Member Avatar
BANNED
Dont come in here then Cesc :p

Statement on Barcelonas official website....

ClarificationIn recent weeks a number of invented interviews with the club’s players have appeared in the Daily Star and the Daily Star Sunday. FC Barcelona wish to make it known that none of these interviews are attributable to the players therein cited and also to explain to our supporters throughout the world that the information and declarations made in these articles are totally and absolutely false.

FC Barcelona has officially sent the media outlets concerned a formal complaint and warned them that it will not allow any further situations like this to be repeated. Should this happen, the club will not hesitate to act in defence of its own image and the honour of its players.

This club has worked closely with the media and will continue to do so, as we believe it to be a very important part of the spreading of information about sport and in particular about football.

The willingness to work openly and with transparency forms part of our basic working philosophy. To this end, the club has its own official channels of communications which every day provide news of the club’s activities and also provide ideal communication channels whereby the players and other club staff can make contact with the members and fans and get their messages across.

We remind you that our official channels are:

www.fcbarcelona.cat
Barça TV
Youtube.com/fcbarcelona
Twitter.com/fcbarcelona
Facebook.com/fcbarcelona
The newspaper 'Barça Camp Nou'
The magazine 'Barça'

Some of the english clubs should follow suit

Media gets away with way too much lately
Posted Image

Plonker
Member Avatar
Oracle of Truth.
Did I understand right that Barca are complaining about newspapers and their false articles? Don't they use Spanish newspapers to unsettle English based players? What a bunch of goblins. I hope Real win the Spanish league at the Nou Camp and ram it down their fans throats.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · La Liga · Next Topic »
Add Reply

-- -