| Greetings and welcome to The Football Net. We love talking balls, do you? You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Therefore you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, take part in the banter, vote in polls and enjoy fun competitions such as fantasy football and the betting exchange. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join us today on our football forums to talk balls with us! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
- Pages:
- 1
- 2
| Brazil prep 'slow' for WC 2014 | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Jun 24 2011, 02:46 PM (1,918 Views) | |
| Plonker | Jan 24 2014, 11:21 PM Post #16 |
![]()
Oracle of Truth.
|
Be careful, don't let one those Brazilians trannies fool you. |
![]() | |
|
|
| Wee Eck | Jan 25 2014, 12:47 AM Post #17 |
![]()
Token Jock
|
It had been discussed last year about what would happen if Brazil failed to be ready and a few country's were shortlisted as a back up and England was fav due to having the stadia and the infrastructure to take it at short notice. Dont think they will move it now but I can see some stadia being left unused which would lead to claims from fans who have booked accommodation in areas that will no longer host any matches. |
| |
|
|
| Dotty | Jan 27 2014, 01:57 PM Post #18 |
![]()
Stuck up bastard
|
Authorities in Brazil have launched an investigation into the shooting by police of a man on Saturday, following a protest in Sao Paulo against this year's football World Cup. Relatives say Fabricio Chaves, 22, is in a critical condition in hospital. The authorities claim he was carrying an explosive device and tried to flee. They allege he was shot when he moved towards an officer with a box cutter. A human rights official said the officers may have used excessive force. On Saturday, police arrested more than 130 people after clashes that followed a peaceful demonstration against the hosting of the World Cup. Shops, banks and vehicles were damaged. 'Police overreacted' The Sao Paulo State Department of Public Safety said that Mr Chaves had fled and was followed by two officers after they found an "explosive device" in his backpack. "The man pulled out a box cutter from the pocket of his trousers and turned against one of the police officers," it said in a statement. "It was then that the police shot him and the suspect fell to the ground." Carlos Weis, a human rights lawyer for the Sao Paulo State ombudsman, said he believed the police had overreacted. "There were three police officers against one person with a hand weapon," he was quoted as saying by the city's Estadao newspaper. "Clearly, there were other less lethal methods of resolving the situation. We are hugely concerned with the violent and excessive way the police have acted," he added. Saturday's violence forced the authorities to cancel some of the festivities planned for the city's 460th anniversary. There were also small protests in other Brazilian cities that were largely peaceful. Demonstrators say huge sums of money are being wasted on World Cup stadiums while areas such as health and education are not getting enough. |
|
|
| Dotty | Feb 7 2014, 11:58 PM Post #19 |
![]()
Stuck up bastard
|
A construction worker has been killed in northern Brazil in an accident at a stadium being built for the football World Cup, which begins in June. The man - a Portuguese national - was hit in the head while dismantling a crane outside the stadium in the northern city of Manaus. He is the third worker to die in an accident at the building site. England and Italy are due to play their opening World Cup match at the Arena da Amazonia. The city's World Cup secretary, Miguel Capobiango, said the crane was being taken apart as work at the site was almost complete. The construction worker was taken to hospital but died a few hours later. He was identified by the Brazilian Sports Ministry as 55-year-old Jose Pita Martins. Mr Capobiango said the accident was being investigated and will not cause further delays to the construction work in Manaus. |
|
|
| 1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous) | |
| « Previous Topic · International Football · Next Topic » |
- Pages:
- 1
- 2







1:19 AM Jul 11