-
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Greetings and welcome to The Football Net. We love talking balls, do you?

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Therefore you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, take part in the banter, vote in polls and enjoy fun competitions such as fantasy football and the betting exchange. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join us today on our football forums to talk balls with us!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
If you kill somebody during war
Topic Started: Feb 3 2012, 08:09 PM (2,604 Views)
Wee Eck
Member Avatar
Token Jock
redDevilMoe
Feb 15 2012, 03:22 AM
Jimmymac™
Feb 15 2012, 12:31 AM
redDevilMoe
Feb 14 2012, 06:43 PM
Jimmymac™
Feb 14 2012, 10:52 AM
So I guess the veterans who were drafted in to fight for their country in WW1&2 should really be on trial for murder then?

Far too simplistic that for me
:rofl: No, but killing doesnt make you righteous. Its still a despicable act that nobody should be proud of regardless of the circumstances.
I can't imagine any of them are proud of what they had to do
I've talked to world war 2 vets and trust me they are proud of killing nazi's. But I admit proud isn't the right word, I'm not the most eloquent but I'm sure you get the jist of my argument.
Ive met many Vets of many different wars and none are proud or boastfull of killing a fellow human being infact I cant recall any even saying how many lives they took.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Victor
Sausage Warrior
Of course its not murder, you are at fukking war! Anything goes in a warzone, too soft we are. Back to Nam and bomb the basturds

The Plastic Flag
Member Avatar
Boring Boring Chelsea
Victor
Mar 2 2012, 04:50 PM
Of course its not murder, you are at fukking war! Anything goes in a warzone, too soft we are. Back to Nam and bomb the basturds
I assume that it a deliberately provocative post, but I can assure you that in war, anything does not go. There are extremely strict 'rules of engagement' and soldiers can and do get charged with murder/manslaughter etc if those rules are broken.

People who kill in the name of their country do so because in the majority of cases, their lives are in immediate danger if they do otherwise. In actual fact, depending on the conflict, that is one of the rules for engagement. In a Northern Ireland scenario for example, if a soldier watched his buddy get shot, then the perpetrator dropped his gun and stuck his fingers up at the soldier and laughed, the soldier would be charged with murder if he then killed that man. The reason being is that a soldier could only use his weapon if human life was in immediate danger. As the individual had dropped his weapon, irrespective of what he had just done, human life was no longer in danger, therefore a soldier could not use his weapon against him.

Think of the moral dilemma in the above very real scenario.

I know many people who have killed in the name of their country. Although they accept what they did was absolutely necessary, none of them are proud of the actual act of taking a human life.
Trying to get an accurate picture of reality, even when that's unpleasant or inconvenient!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Mass Debate Parlour · Next Topic »
Add Reply

-- -