-
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Greetings and welcome to The Football Net. We love talking balls, do you?

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Therefore you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, take part in the banter, vote in polls and enjoy fun competitions such as fantasy football and the betting exchange. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join us today on our football forums to talk balls with us!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tax payers money.
Topic Started: Feb 19 2013, 12:24 PM (3,423 Views)
The Sicilian
Member Avatar
Going To Make You An Offer You Cant Refuse.
Just read an article on my break that mentioned a woman with eleven kids is getting a custom built 6 bedroom home built for her and her 11 children at the cost of 210,000 pounds funded by the tax payer who also pay for her children and her (of course she doesn't work).

This is why this country is a joke, I'm 27 have worked part time since 15 then full time from 18. Me and my mrs have a 2 bedroom flat, that we pay for. Between us we work around 100 hours a week to pay for this, and pay for daycare. It would make more sense for us to have a few more kids and not bother working, we'd earn more! The reason we won't do that is pride and self worth we both have in abundance.

Does this country need to take a much stiffer rule on benefits, and immigration? Such as the Oz rules. I'll probably open a can of worms with this as I'm sure that we'll have a few sympathisers on here. But why should the tax paying hard working people foot the bill of these people?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Plastic Flag
Member Avatar
Boring Boring Chelsea
Yes, yes, yes and yes again.

Too many people believe that the world owes them a living and that they have a right to be looked after by the state. Try explaining that theory to an aids infested, malaria suffering two year old from Sub Saharan Africa.

I would start by restricting child benefit to only two children and I'd abolish it all together for families who earn above the average wage - currently around £28k per year. Welfare payments should be enough to pay for shelter/warmth and food and nothing else and I believe that anyone who earns at or above the average income should not be in receipt of social welfare payments; including child benefit (And yes, I do have kids and earn above the average wage!)

I'll stop there, but I have many more right wing views on this, but I better not get started!!
Trying to get an accurate picture of reality, even when that's unpleasant or inconvenient!

The Sicilian
Member Avatar
Going To Make You An Offer You Cant Refuse.
Get started Frank, I'll step off the soap box for a moment. Me and my Mrs by no means struggle, however we both work lots of hours to have everything we own. I should just get her to pop out a few more sprogs and we'd lie like kings!

Women like this give people who are on benefit with reason a bad name. Contributing nothing but taking everything and still demanding more. No incentive to work because the state is to quick to hand out people's hard earne cash to let them live and fork all day.
Posted Image

Jeffers
Member Avatar
Ginger Prince
We say this but I read somewhere recently that the top 1% of tax payers pay about 75% of tax, but the system is flawed. Leaving the EU would help but the damage is already done, people from Poland and such countries can live very well of our child support back in their home country.

Too many hand outs and in years to come, when the woman's kids have all grown up I wonder how many of them will be in the same position as her. Better family planning needs to be bought in and they shouldn't allow someone to have that many kids, or the money should be refunded to them once the child hits 18.
"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." - Cantona

RubberToe
Member Avatar
Chewbacca Lookalike
That's nothing Sic!!! Paying benefits out to families who have kids not even living in this country!!!!!!

I've seen stories of families living in million pound houses due to the sheer size of families they have!!!!
Posted Image

Dotty
Member Avatar
Stuck up bastard
Does be hilarious telling my nan about these things, she raised 6 kids in a 2 bedroom house on 1 regular salary. These lot have no idea what living in the real world is like.

RubberToe
Member Avatar
Chewbacca Lookalike
My mum and dad tell me stories of how the whole family would sleep in one bed with clothes on during the winter.
Posted Image

Jeffers
Member Avatar
Ginger Prince
The have these people living in the middle of Chelsea and other high end areas of London, where its £1000 a week rent. All new build must allow 10% for council housing, imaging buying one of these flats and the person living next door to you just being gifted it!
"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." - Cantona

The Plastic Flag
Member Avatar
Boring Boring Chelsea
I wonder if this woman would have continued to push out these poor kids if her welfare payment was capped after the second one and welfare housing was restricted to a 3 bedroom house? I say poor kids as it's not their fault that their mother is a cretinous sponger, but sadly, they will almost certainly grow up in the same culture and adopt the same mentality. How many kids will those eleven produce into the same environment yet again and you can see how the problem just gets worse with future generations.

I would also expect those in receipt of welfare subsidies over a long length of time, to do voluntary community work. This is a hot potato in the UK at the moment due to a court ruling last week, but if these people really aren't work shy - as they would like us to believe, why would they object?

I fully accept that some people are very deserving and should get as much help as we are able to give them, but far too many are not. The Government can start to affect this by ensuring that benefits are only enough to put food on the table, clothes on your back and a roof over your head. It's not there to buy the latest trainers, pay for Sky TV or worse, fags and booze. In other words, it must not be financially beneficial to be on benefits, rather than working.

Perhaps more controversially, I support the governments intention to increase the retirement age. State pensions are not a tool to allow people a comfortable retirement; they are there to assist older people who are no longer fit and well enough to work. When the state pension was introduced for men over 65 years old, the average male died at 67. He now dies at 79. So instead of paying a male pension for an average 2 years, we're now paying it for an average 14 years and due to medical resources getting better and better, as well as the post war baby boom, the problem is getting worse.

I'm not a complete Nazi, but I firmly believe that the world owes no one a living. Anyone can succeed in our society, they just need to want it enough.

Trying to get an accurate picture of reality, even when that's unpleasant or inconvenient!

FLOPP'D
Member Avatar
The King in the North
Frank Obama
Posted Image

John Henry April 2011

Success is winning championships. It is nothing less than that. And when you win a championship – and we will – success isn't measured or accomplished by winning once

RubberToe
Member Avatar
Chewbacca Lookalike
I fully agree with that frank, I barely get enough to live myself, my misses is doing voluntary work so she can eventually do teacher training.

The difference with us is, we want to make something of ourselves, and be comfortable in later lives. Those that sponge should donate their money to those elderly people who can't even afford to hear their homes during this cold weather, even with the fuel allowance.

Also I'm glad for the increase in the tax rate threshold as it means I've for a bit more breathing space now to make sure my family are well fed.
Posted Image

Plonker
Member Avatar
Oracle of Truth.
paddypower
Feb 19 2013, 05:20 PM
Frank Obama
His views are not exactly Obamas. In the US Frank wiuld be classified as a moderate Republican.
Posted Image

BC1
Member Avatar
Clever Simpleton
Quote:

Too many people believe that the world owes them a living and that they have a right to be looked after by the state.

Well, to the ones that are unemployed through being made redundant, they've contributed enough over time to the state they have deserve to be looked after in tough times BY the state.

Quote:

No incentive to work because the state is to quick to hand out

In a nutshell, they've no incentive to work because financially you are better off doing sweet fork all than earning an honest crust every day, pride, dignity and self respect will go many places, but they matter zilch when you are destitute, put yourself in the position of one of them and given the choice of 2 which would you do?

Quote:

I would also expect those in receipt of welfare subsidies over a long length of time, to do voluntary community work.

I'd have no issue with that, infact Workfare should have been introduced specifically for this, except that was introduced to give large companies making significant profits to get free taxpayer funded workers in to do the jobs of workers who actually earn a wage.

Working 30-40 hours over a week stacking shelves, depending on what you are entitled to get, you could be working that for your JSA, which is what.. £56-£71? For anyone that needs a calculator, that is the epitome of exploitation, you learn no skills, you get no qualifications, you just stack shelves for nothing, the company gets you free of charge, all at the expense of the taxpayer, and then at the end you will be back to square 1 as they can get rid of you and get another set of workers in free of charge.

Noone would have an issue with workfare if the people on the scheme were paid a respectable income, the companies involved should be contributing in some way, all it does currently is skew the unemployment figures to make it look as if they are down, you mentioned an incentive to work? What better way to show the LTU what its like than paying them a wage? Instead....

Quote:

Those that sponge should donate their money to those elderly people who can't even afford to hear their homes during this cold weather, even with the fuel allowance.

Better yet, the government could refrain from restructuring the winter allowances!

Quote:

Anyone can succeed in our society, they just need to want it enough.

Righto.

Quote:

Try explaining that theory to an aids infested, malaria suffering two year old from Sub Saharan Africa.

Foreign Aid.
Posted Image

The Plastic Flag
Member Avatar
Boring Boring Chelsea
paddypower
Feb 19 2013, 05:20 PM
Frank Obama
He's far too lefty for me Paddy. Frank Thatcher sits a little more comfortably!

stacie
Member Avatar
Dipped in chocolate, bronzed with elegance
It makes me sick. This country is getting it all wrong. I can't afford to move out, yet if I popped out as many sprogs as possible someone would build me a big house and help with my bills. Where is the incentive to get a job and work your way up the ladder? I want to work, I want to make my own money but someone who is being gifted it can look down on me as being an idiot for going out to work istead of sitting on my arse all day.

There is no way being on benefits should see you better off than working, yet this appears to be the case for so many people. I'm educated and have worked for nearly 10 years but I could be better off on benefits.

This country has forgotten all about the British people as well, tripping over itself to serve foreigners and those of religions from foreign cultures. All of a sudden it's politically incorrect to say 'Merry Christmas'? Forget all this 'Happy Holidays' bullshit - quite frankly I don't give a s**t if other cultures are offended by a massive blinging Christmas tree in the town centre, although I'm not convinced they really are. All this political correctness stuff seems to come from politicians trying to win the ethnic minority vote and coming out with nonsense that actually, most of us don't care about. But it's changing the way we behave.

My grandparents came over from Jamaica and Barbados and they worked hard. They brought their kids over when they could afford to. They respected British culture, deciding to get along with it, like so many Caribbean people of their time, instead of fighting it. None of their children or grandchildren are sitting on their arses creaming off the state - we are a family of workers. Yet now we see that foreigners are given benefits and homes and more influence on this country's culture than British people because politicians are too afraid to tell them to either p*** off or accept how we are.

I could rant for ages, tbh. I'm aware I sound deeply against foreigners and other cultures :lol: But I'm not. I just think that anyone who wants to live here should be told: 'This is how we roll. Get with it or get back on the plane'. It's harsh but this country needs to be more rigid now.
flak and gary love stacie and weep sorrowful tears when she's not around

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mass Debate Parlour · Next Topic »
Add Reply

-- -