-
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Greetings and welcome to The Football Net. We love talking balls, do you?

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Therefore you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, take part in the banter, vote in polls and enjoy fun competitions such as fantasy football and the betting exchange. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join us today on our football forums to talk balls with us!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
People are getting fatter and fatter
Topic Started: Aug 11 2014, 11:43 AM (1,810 Views)
5euros
Member Avatar
Bradley
It's out of control now, so many lumps walking the street, sad to see when it's young kids who are suffering too
NANI ARE YOU OK, ARE YOU OK NANI, NANI ARE YOU OK, ARE YOU OK NANI

YOUVE BEEN HIT BY, YOUVE BEEN STRUCK BY A SMOOTH CARRAGHER
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dan94
Member Avatar
Monty sucks Gmen's hairy sack
Parents are to blame for buying their kids s**t, but then when you look at government/supermarkets and their prices, you can't blame them
Posted Image

BC1
Member Avatar
Clever Simpleton
Dan94
Aug 11 2014, 12:39 PM
Parents are to blame for buying their kids s**t, but then when you look at government/supermarkets and their prices, you can't blame them
In one.
Posted Image

UwesGrandad
Member Avatar
El Mago
Dan94
Aug 11 2014, 12:39 PM
Agree to a point Dan. It's a combination of this and families needing two wages so ready meals/snacks are how they get by. Partly why this generation are considered the 'lost generation'.
The family unit has been broken by the government and years of mismanagement.
Will be keeping Cech in my pocket for the next 3 months. Thanks Pedro :thumb:

Dotty
Member Avatar
Stuck up bastard
Staggering amount of people are ill educated in terms of what constitutes a healthy diet, also staggering how many people don't know how to cook a decent meal. I don't get the price argument at all. Living on my own the amount of money you can save on buying proper food over ready-made meals and take aways is quite substantial in the long term.

It's bone idle laziness that gets passed down from parents to kids, always has been.

BC1
Member Avatar
Clever Simpleton
Dotty
Aug 11 2014, 01:32 PM
Staggering amount of people are ill educated in terms of what constitutes a healthy diet, also staggering how many people don't know how to cook a decent meal. I don't get the price argument at all. Living on my own the amount of money you can save on buying proper food over ready-made meals and take aways is quite substantial in the long term.

It's bone idle laziness that gets passed down from parents to kids, always has been.
Key word being own.

Buying for yourself is completely different to buying for a family of 4/5/6 etc.

I do agree that laziness is also a key contributing factor, but again, look at the prices of low quality crap compared to foods that are decent quality and highly nutritional.

They've only went up, the crap has stayed the same or even lower.

Look at the government on this one though, the gap between richer and poorer has only increased over time.
Posted Image

Dotty
Member Avatar
Stuck up bastard
BC1
Aug 11 2014, 01:36 PM
Dotty
Aug 11 2014, 01:32 PM

Key word being own.

Buying for yourself is completely different to buying for a family of 4/5/6 etc.

I do agree that laziness is also a key contributing factor, but again, look at the prices of low quality crap compared to foods that are decent quality and highly nutritional.

They've only went up, the crap has stayed the same or even lower.

Look at the government on this one though, the gap between richer and poorer has only increased over time.
Kinda thought that would be noticed when I posted it :lol:

My ma has supported a family of 3-4 on her own and has never resorted to buying crap food. You can get decent food as long as you know where to go. Farmers markets, direct from supplier, bulk buyers etc. It isn't difficult to buy proper food on a budget, especially if you know how to actually cook. Since I've moved to Scotland I've noticed that a lot. I home cook basically everything and people are amazed at it, despite how retarded simple it is, but they'd much rather call the chippie on the way home or pick up a ready meal on the way home than actually bother.

I agree to a point with Uwes tbh. The breakdown of families is quite a large factor imo. Can you imagine working 2 jobs or double shifts to make ends meat then trying to feed 2-5 kids in your spare time with a good, solid meal? fork that, get the TV dinners out, 10 mins in the micro wave. Jobs a good 'un.
Edited by Dotty, Aug 11 2014, 01:44 PM.

BC1
Member Avatar
Clever Simpleton
Quote:

My ma has supported a family 3-4 on her own and has never resorted to buying crap food.

Prices compared to then and now?

Whilst its nauseating to hear Labour repeat the " Cost of living crisis " its not fiction, bulk buying long term is beneficial but short term you are left bollocked, try factoring in every single expenditure especially when you are just getting by as you are.

Crapper, cheaper alternatives, that are less time consuming will always win.

Edited by BC1, Aug 11 2014, 01:50 PM.
Posted Image

Dotty
Member Avatar
Stuck up bastard
You mean like 18 months ago :lol:

BC1
Member Avatar
Clever Simpleton
Dotty
Aug 11 2014, 01:51 PM
You mean like 18 months ago :lol:
And prices wouldn't have risen significantly between then and now?

Until decent quality ingredients are priced competitively in line with the crap, the crap will win, simple as that.
Posted Image

TheReturnOfTheKing
Definitely NOT a Terrorist
Wait

You live in Scotland?
no

Dotty
Member Avatar
Stuck up bastard
#JusticeForSuarez
Aug 11 2014, 02:21 PM
Wait

You live in Scotland?
Only for about 2 years, like.

mcfc1975
Phorum Pimp
i agree it is the parents fault, but not because they buy s**t food, but because they cant be arsed with their kids so sit them infront of a computer/ tv/ console and the little fat s**t gets no exercise
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#prayforuwe

Monu
Member Avatar
The Pound For Pound Number One Widely Recognised As The Greatest Of All Time
They should get rid of home economic in secondary school and replace it with health education. 1 hour every two weeks of solid guide to nutrition, bmr, bmi, fat percentage calculations, and maybe even a guide to super foods.
RF18

BC1
Member Avatar
Clever Simpleton
Monu
Aug 11 2014, 04:26 PM
They should get rid of home economic in secondary school and replace it with health education. 1 hour every two weeks of solid guide to nutrition, bmr, bmi, fat percentage calculations, and maybe even a guide to super foods.
Benefit them long term, not when they go home to Pizza, Chips + a Coke.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mass Debate Parlour · Next Topic »
Add Reply

-- -