-
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Greetings and welcome to The Football Net. We love talking balls, do you?

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Therefore you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, take part in the banter, vote in polls and enjoy fun competitions such as fantasy football and the betting exchange. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join us today on our football forums to talk balls with us!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Next Prime Minister
Topic Started: Jun 28 2016, 12:59 PM (4,386 Views)
Dan94
Member Avatar
Monty sucks Gmen's hairy sack
Jeremy Hunt has said he is "seriously considering" a bid to be the next leader of the Conservative Party.

The Health Secretary, who campaigned to Remain, called on the Government to delay invoking Article 50 and to hold a second referendum on Britain's terms for leaving the European Union.

God help us if he gets into No.10.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dan94
Member Avatar
George Osborne rules himself out.
Posted Image

Dan94
Member Avatar
A total of 172 Labour MPs have voted to support a motion of no confidence in party leader #JeremyCorbyn
Posted Image

Papa_Lazarou
Member Avatar
Randolph
I'd like Andrea Leadsom to put her name forward.
Posted Image

Oppa Papa Style

BC1
Member Avatar
Clever Simpleton
Dan94
Jun 28 2016, 04:50 PM
A total of 172 Labour MPs have voted to support a motion of no confidence in party leader #JeremyCorbyn
He is beyond unelectable. For some reason he still retains party member support but they need to realise that he just can't win an election. David Miliband is the one that got away really, if he was elected instead of his brother labour would be leading this country and we would probably still be in the EU. As for the tories, draw straws, Gove maybe?
Posted Image

Dan94
Member Avatar
Papa_Lazarou
Jun 28 2016, 05:09 PM
What do you make of Chuka Umunna? Quite a few were tipping him before Corbyn got in but were saying perhaps it was too early for him.
Posted Image

Dan94
Member Avatar
BC1
Jun 28 2016, 05:18 PM
Dan94
Jun 28 2016, 04:50 PM
He is beyond unelectable. For some reason he still retains party member support but they need to realise that he just can't win an election. David Miliband is the one that got away really, if he was elected instead of his brother labour would be leading this country and we would probably still be in the EU. As for the tories, draw straws, Gove maybe?
He's a nice guy no doubt, but doesn't have that fire in his belly needed to win or capable of leading the country. As you say, David was both those.
Posted Image

BC1
Member Avatar
Clever Simpleton
David was and is a blairite, so his politics are different to corbyn, that's what wins elections.
Posted Image

Dan94
Member Avatar
[twitter=https://twitter.com/SophyRidgeSky/status/747816704311500800]
Posted Image

BC1
Member Avatar
Clever Simpleton
Comes to something when a shadow minister resigns and your left thinking who the fork were you anyway? That's how irrelevant they are.
Posted Image

Papa_Lazarou
Member Avatar
Randolph
Dan94
Jun 28 2016, 05:25 PM
Papa_Lazarou
What do you make of Chuka Umunna? Quite a few were tipping him before Corbyn got in but were saying perhaps it was too early for him.
Well we're talking different parties here........

But to answer your (off topic) question :p I don't like Chuka at all. And the fact that he bottled the labour leadership election last time after he saw reporters 'interfering with his private life' too much suggests to me that he has some skeletons in the closet somewhere.
Posted Image

Oppa Papa Style

Dotty
Member Avatar
Stuck up bastard
#Corbyn4PM

Dan94
Member Avatar
Work and Pensions Secretary Stephen Crabb has become the first Tory MP to officially announce he is running as a candidate for leader.

The MP confirmed he will enter the contest with Business Secretary Sajid Javid as his running mate following Prime Minister David Cameron's resignation on Friday.

Mr Crabb, who backed staying in the European Union during the referendum campaign, said the Leave vote has left society "divided".
Posted Image

footyfan000
Member Avatar
Changing my tune since 2008.
Dan94
Jun 28 2016, 05:25 PM
Papa_Lazarou
I don't mind him personally. However, in light of the Brexit vote and the disgusting acts of racism, I'm not convinced that our country has come far enough for a person of colour to stand a reasonable chance of becoming PM. At very least, now isn't the right time - which also rules out Baroness Warsi for the Tories.

I stress that I don't share or condone the racism on display, but it is all around us. Maybe it will settle down over the course of a year. It's incredibly saddening but too many knuckle draggers haven't evolved enough yet!

Wee Eck
Member Avatar
Token Jock
That's what happens when England get knocked out and all of your fans return from France
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mass Debate Parlour · Next Topic »
Add Reply

-- -