-
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Greetings and welcome to The Football Net. We love talking balls, do you?

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Therefore you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, take part in the banter, vote in polls and enjoy fun competitions such as fantasy football and the betting exchange. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join us today on our football forums to talk balls with us!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The unemployed
Topic Started: Jun 12 2017, 02:19 PM (1,858 Views)
Victor
Sausage Warrior
Are they unemployed for a reason? Why do we need low skilled workers from abroad? Why don't people from the high unemployment areas move to areas where there is work? Maybe 6 or 7 people moving from one area to another, all living in the same house. You know like the immigrants do. I mean come on they get off their arses and move country to do so to provide for their families so why can't people already here move a couple of hundred miles?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dan94
Member Avatar
Monty sucks Gmen's hairy sack
Probably because moving requires money...
Posted Image

Victor
Sausage Warrior
RattyMcRatFace
Jun 12 2017, 02:21 PM
Probably because moving requires money...
Not really, not a lot anyway for this kind of move. You get a few people together pack a suitcase and go. Walk/hitch hike if you have to. Anyway if that's a genuine reason why do low skilled workers move here?

GmenSaysWengerOut
Member Avatar
www.daithiholley.com
When I run for office in 2018 my proposal is as follows:
A purge of all unemployed (bar people with a disability) on June 1st 2019. The aim will be to give people a deadline to get their affairs in order and find a job. Anyone left unemployed come June 1st 2019 will be left in the street and will endure a purge style 24 hours to fight for their lives. This will be an annual occurrence going forward from that point.
WENGER OUT

TheReturnOfTheKing
Definitely NOT a Terrorist
People are lazy and feel entitled

They feel entitled because they are born here that they get huge benefits and a job that suits them rather them adapting and actually trying to become adults

They also know they will get handouts from the government if they do nothing

We did a community scheme here in trying to give jobs to the unemployed and school drop outs

Went really bad, lazy useless and rather sit on their ass doing nothing but playing their PS4
no

Papa_Lazarou
Member Avatar
Randolph
GmenSaysScroungersOUT
Posted Image

Oppa Papa Style

Victor
Sausage Warrior
GmenSaysWengerOut
Jun 12 2017, 02:24 PM
When I run for office in 2018 my proposal is as follows:
A purge of all unemployed (bar people with a disability) on June 1st 2019. The aim will be to give people a deadline to get their affairs in order and find a job. Anyone left unemployed come June 1st 2019 will be left in the street and will endure a purge style 24 hours to fight for their lives. This will be an annual occurrence going forward from that point.
I think that's going one step too far.. However it does distract from lazy scroungers not working as they get benefits anyway, so that's a good thing.

Papa_Lazarou
Member Avatar
Randolph
All the while the benefits system pays as much if not more than a low paid job people will take unemployment.

We had the situation a few years ago when we had to lay a couple of lads off due to a lack of work and when it came time to take them back on again one of them refused as he was getting more money on the dole because of his family situation ffs.

And as Amar said - an awful lot of people just feel entitled these days and refuse to do any job that they feel is 'beneath them'. People are perfectly happy to sit around doing fork all and taking government handouts until the 'right' job comes along. Or just sit around the rest of their lives of course.
Posted Image

Oppa Papa Style

Dotty
Member Avatar
Stuck up bastard
What Pap's said. We had a part timer refuse to move up to full time because they would earn less.

Also had someone refuse to do more than x amount of hours a week as it would block a benefit for that week.

Dan94
Member Avatar
Is that the persons fault though, or the authorities?
Posted Image

Papa_Lazarou
Member Avatar
Randolph
Both, but mainly the government's. It shouldn't be possible to be better of on the dole than it is in work but the measures needed to sort that out would be so deeply unpopular that no party is willing to go whole hog on it. The Tories get enough grief as it is by limiting benefits.
Posted Image

Oppa Papa Style

Dan94
Member Avatar
Papa_Lazarou
Jun 12 2017, 03:45 PM
Both, but mainly the government's. It shouldn't be possible to be better of on the dole than it is in work but the measures needed to sort that out would be so deeply unpopular that no party is willing to go whole hog on it. The Tories get enough grief as it is by limiting benefits.
Oh yeah I agree. But you can't blame them really. Some people are happy to do it. Me personally I hated being unemployed, was depressed and that was only for about 6 weeks.

Largely depends on your circumstances though, for me I was on peanuts and the job seeker employees must've been directly employed from the job seekers. The guy I had used commas for apostrophes ffs! :rofl:
Posted Image

RubberToe
Member Avatar
Chewbacca Lookalike
I can be a right lazy goblin, but I would still rather money I get earned through my hard work and not as a handout.
Posted Image

The Plastic Flag
Member Avatar
Boring Boring Chelsea
Lfc19titles
Jun 12 2017, 02:26 PM
People are lazy and feel entitled

They feel entitled because they are born here that they get huge benefits and a job that suits them rather them adapting and actually trying to become adults

They also know they will get handouts from the government if they do nothing

We did a community scheme here in trying to give jobs to the unemployed and school drop outs

Went really bad, lazy useless and rather sit on their ass doing nothing but playing their PS4
That's a very refreshing but surprising point of view LFC. I'm not sure that your opinion on this sits too comfortably with your previous and recent support for a very left wing Labour party though!! :D

The all too common sense of expectation and entitlement is a major problem for our society. I agree with Victor ( :blink: ) to a certain extent. Hundreds of thousands of Syrians with less than nothing manage to find their way to Europe; thousands of miles from where they started - literally risking their lives to do so and they do it in the belief that life can be better somewhere else. They're right of course.

We need a welfare system. We need if for people that are genuinely unable to help themselves. Unfortunately however, far too many people in the UK don't genuinely need welfare, but take it because it's the easier option.

People should be willing and encouraged to invest in themselves. If that involves moving away from their existing lives, or taking a short term pay cut, then they should do it if they possibly can. It can be a difficult choice - particularly if you are responsible for bringing up children for example, but if one takes the view that they should stay on welfare for short term gain, rather than taking a short term hit, they will never get out of the welfare cycle and will never be any better than living on the edge of poverty.

Unemployment in the UK is at historical lows - there are jobs out there if you want one. Sometimes people need to swallow their pride (as well as their sense of entitlement) and accept that low skilled, low paid job in the knowledge that further opportunities will almost certainly arise from placing oneself in a working environment, rather than dwelling and festering in an environment of perpetual welfare.

Trying to get an accurate picture of reality, even when that's unpleasant or inconvenient!

Papa_Lazarou
Member Avatar
Randolph
"You can't blame them really". Yes I forking can! Anyone who thinks it's ok to just take other people's money are nothing more than a drain on society - literally and figuratively. They are bringing nothing to the table and I am not supposed to blame them because they are happy to do it?

I have very strong feelings about the benefits system :lol:
Posted Image

Oppa Papa Style

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mass Debate Parlour · Next Topic »
Add Reply

-- -